As everyone knows, as soon as the calendar turns November 1st, stores everywhere in America turn to Christmas. Christmas sales, Christmas items and of course, Christmas music. A lot of people I've talked to and I'd certainly hope that most people in general, would agree with me in saying that November 1st is too early to play Christmas music. November is NOT the month of Christmas. It is the month to respect veterans, even though we should be respecting them everyday, and it is the month to give thanks, which once again, we should be doing everyday. So Christmas before Thanksgiving is an absolute no-no. 

Then comes the question of what about after Thanksgiving? When is it acceptable to play Christmas music? There are a variety of answers to this question as people have different opinions. There is no right answer for when it's after Thanksgiving. Of course, you personally can listen to Christmas music whenever you want but this is more so on a social level. Some people say Black Friday is acceptable to play it while others say wait a few more days. There are also people who say it's only acceptable to play on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There are probably people out there who are Scrooge's and say "Bah Humbug!" to Christmas music and say it shouldn't be played at all! I personally believe it's only acceptable to play Christmas music starting December 1st. Of course we can't forget about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa music either! Even though I personally don't celebrate Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, but I believe their music shouldn't be played until December 1st. If I didn't mention your policy on Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa music, be sure to comment! Happy Holidays!

© 2001 - Wentworth Internet Radio + Entertainment • All Rights Reserved • Made with pride in Boston, Massachusetts
All WIRE content is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.