Everyone knows Imagine Dragons ever since they released Radioactive on their Night Visions album. But other than Radioactive, Demons and perhaps On Top of The World, their other songs aren't really mentioned in conversation or played on the radio. Their latest album, Smoke + Mirrors, came out on February 13th, 2015. Nothing wrong with reviewing an older album, so let's take a look.

Smoke + Mirrors qualifies as a Rock, Indie Rock and Pop Rock. It suits their style and fits with Night Visions and it's a refreshing sound from the latest Pop songs. Another cool thing about each song is that no two songs sound the same yet there is a similarity that connects them together to fit on the album. The album did hit number one on the Billboard 200 but despite that, the songs weren't really heard on the radio around it's release. I was still in high school when it was released so I would still listen to the radio and rarely did I hear one of the songs if I actually did hear it. In an interview, the band said that they wanted to "put out an album they were really happy with" since they "tend to be perfectionists" and too hard on themselves as they want to produce the best album they can. With their work ethic, they produced a pretty good album.

The are three singles that were released from this album which are I Bet My Life, Gold and Shots. I Bet My Life was their first single which was released on October 27th 2014. The single hit four different places on music charts: #15 on Canadian Hot 100, #27 on UK Singles Chart, #28 on Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on Billboard Alternative Adult songs - a first. Gold was the second single released on December 16th, 2014. It hit #12 on the Billboards Hot Rock Songs. Shots was the third single released on January 26th, 2015. Shots reached #75 on Billboard Hot 100 and #3 on the Norway Singles chart.

With Imagine Dragons being one of my favorite bands, I have a few favorite songs off this album. My absolute favorite is I'm So Sorry. This one sticks out the most as it has very intense drums and guitar. I'm So Sorry was also an amazing song to listen to performed live as I could feel it vibrate in my chest. Call it bias, but I'm So Sorry is definitely my favorite out of all of them. Some of my other favorites are I Bet My Life, Shots, The Fall, Dream and Polaroid. All the songs are great but if you're looking for a select few, I'd recommend the favorites I mentioned. Happy listenings! 

© 2001 - Wentworth Internet Radio + Entertainment • All Rights Reserved • Made with pride in Boston, Massachusetts
All WIRE content is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license.